Tuesday 9 December 2014

Hour of Code

Yesterday, Middle S did an Hour of Code on the website http://code.org/ This was our way of taking part in Computer Science Education Week. Below are some of our reflections on the hour :

  • Its really good because its fun and don’t really know you’re learning stuff but you are, like sharing your creative skills - Jamie
  • I think some of these games are really hard like one I can’t move to the objective - Lachie
  • I like when you start to make the game its easy to do and you can add in objectives and backgrounds - Jackson
  • I thought its really cool and its a fun way of learning computer skills - Cooper
  • I like how you can make your own games and share it with people - Jack C
  • I thought it was really interesting because it was active and fun - Jake
  • I think its really good because you work on your computer skills and learn more than you think you do - Natasha
  • You get to learn new things on the computer that you didn’t know. With all the games they teach you new things. I’m on a game called tynker and its with a dragon and I’m learning how to control the dragon - Sienna
  • It will help you if you made a game that didn’t work , you could use the code to make it work - Brandon C
  • I like how you don’t know what the games about but you figure it out when you start - Jack D
  • It was interesting how to do angles and degrees to control the character movements - Elisa
  • We figured out how to share the game with friends. Click on the Finish button and a link comes up to share with people - Piers
  • I didn't like it because it was really hard and confusing - Grace
  • It was fun how you need to remember the patterns you did and then update and have to remember them again  - James
  • I thought it was fun playing these coding games because we were learning and having fun at the same time! I was playing CODE COMBAT, it was fun because you get to upgrade your hero and then battle against  the computer and you moved by using code language -  Angelo!
  • I think I learned a lot about coding like how to control the person.I had a lot fun specially with the type of games- Ryan

 




2 comments:

  1. Well done Middles, you are beating my computer skills by far!! You're so lucky to have Mrs Coffa and Ms Scott to show you. Keep learning!
    Cheers Mrs Bellesini :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Middles,
    Great reflections from your hour of code.
    Mrs Clark

    ReplyDelete

Our Term 3 Learning about Australian History

Name Reflection on the learning of history this term and our presentations today Tara This morning in Middle S ...