Wednesday 7 June 2017

The Life Cycles of Animals and Plants

Last Week, Middle S presented their investigations into the Life cycles of several different species of Animals and plants.
Here are some photos plus their reflections on working on this project with a new partner..


GRADE 3 REFLECTIONS
Daniel - In week seven I did a life cycle of an octopus and my partner
was Nicholas. He was helping do the project to and we were working
From week6 to week7 we have been working for a while what i found
Fun the most was putting in the pictures and Nicholas found fun the most
Was everything. The facts Nick and me found out was octopuses lay
Two thousand eggs and the octopus has Two thousand suckers and
Nicholas and me made a poster. We put on the four  pictures for the life
Cycle. It goes eggs, larvae and adult, then it starts all over again.



Celia's Rainbow Lorikeet Reflection

Sophie and I are doing an inquiry project on rainbow lorikeets and we have to do it’s life cycle. Everyone got to choose a partner that they have never worked with before and I chose Sophie.
The project is due Today and Sophie and I still haven't  finished but at least we are working hard. We are doing a diorama, a slide of pictures of rainbow lorikeets in the background and Sophie and I are going to be talking about the stages of its life cycle.
The funny thing is last night during pick up there was millions of rainbow lorikeets in the tree out the front of the school. I learnt that the rainbow lorikeet can grow up to 32 cm long.
I also learnt that the rainbow lorikeet is one of the most beautiful and colourful birds in the world.
The diorama looks really cool because we have cotton balls for the clouds, toilet paper roll for the tree trunk, scrunched up green paper for the bushy bit of the tree, paper puppets that we made, real rocks and a cardboard box to put the stuff in.
It was really fun and hopefully it turns out great.   


Victoria - In week 6 and 7 Ryan and me did a lifecycle of a saltwater crocodile.
And I did stage 1,2, and Ryan did 3,4, and about the saltwater crocodile is that it has a big mouth and big jaws it is a very hard animal to draw and it's a very big animal
It was hard to draw because it was big and you have to draw height size width.
And this is the lifecycle so first it starts of with eggs and then after about 9 weeks it hatches.
Alexander's Life cycle reflection
In week 6 and 7 I did a squid life cycle project and it was very hard to finish, because we had to do some research , we had to write our ideas , we had to print it , take pictures on the iPad and make a slide show.
My partner was Miles. And our teacher said choose a partner that I haven't worked with ever this year, so Miles chose me.
The way I think to make my project better is to not use a slide show on the Ipad because if you put it slow it still goes fast.
The thing that I learned  was baby squid start as larvae.

Maddie K - Lifecycle project Reflection
I worked with Simon and we wrote some cool facts about King Cobras.We should put more pictures and videos on the slide and on the blog.

Eve - Lifecycle project Reflection
For the last 2 weeks we were working on a project with an partner. My partner was Georgie. Our project was on “Blobfish”. We have not presented yet and i think it’s going to work!
We learnt so much and the blobfish had about 5-6 stages of life including being an invertebrate blob and then a bigger blob. The most interesting fact leant  was that they lay 9,000 eggs at a time.
I think i could make my presentation better by not using animated pictures. I found this project so interesting.
Georgie - Lifecycle Project Reflection
The last 2 weeks our class has been doing a presentation about a animal or plant.I did a blobfish they are so fun to learn about.My partner was Eve we had to pick someone that we have never worked with before.It was so fun working with Eve and because we did so much looking at websites  I leant so much more than I did before about blobfish. Me and Eve are presenting to the class today. I hope the class is going to learn about the lifecycle of a blobfish. Me and Eve are using slides so each stage per slide .
But it was sad to know that blobfish are endangered now there is only 420 blobfish in the world .While they aren't hunted,blobfish are often caught in bottom-trawling nets. These nets go across the ocean floor, scooping up lobsters and other deep-sea fish.Blobfish can lay up to 9000 eggs per time I learnt a lot in two weeks.Today I have some fun fact from the presentation (YAY)
  • Blobfish have no bladder
  • Blobfish have no bones 
    Oscar - Inti and I did a project on cactus life cycle. We did how old they grow and two pages of the life cycle. We also did a page on describing a cactus. I thought being with Inti was good and it was. We work together on our project.
    Maddy W - Lifecycle project reflection
    This week we did lifecycle ‘s everyone got into partners.  
    I was with  Tilly and her drawings were amazing !
    It was interesting because i would not have picked the frog life cycle. The frog life cycle the has seven stage’s [fun fact].

    Tilly - Lifecycle of Frogs
    This week we did a lifecycle on a animal or a plant. I worked with maddy w and we did a frog.
    I learnt a lot, like adult frogs gather at ponds or streams to breed.
    Working with maddy is fun

    GRADE 4 Reflections can be found on their blogs at:
    Rosie
    Patrick
    Frances
    Declan
    Caitlin
    Joel
    Chantelle
    Miles
    Simon
    Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Term 3 Learning about Australian History

Name Reflection on the learning of history this term and our presentations today Tara This morning in Middle S ...